Multiple reports have surfaced that the Houston Texans might be trading Brandin Cooks. It now appears that multiple teams have contacted the Texans about Cook.
Cooks is a former 1st round pick in the 2014 Draft. He has had a very productive career, and is coming off another 1000 receiving yard season (6 out of 8 seasons).
2021 Stats: 90 receptions from 134 targets, 1037 receiving yards, 11.5 yards per reception, and 6 TDs.
Below are the top teams that I feel could be working on a potential deal.
- Cleveland Browns
- Cooks played the 2020 season with Deshaun Watson, and Cooks was his favorite target (119 targets).
- NY Jets
- The Jets have been listed as actively seeking a WR via trade, and the Jets have a lot of Draft capital.
- Philadelphia Eagles
- The Eagles could utilize a good receiver like Cooks, and they almost traded for him before several years ago. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757656-eagles-trade-rumors-brandin-cooks-deal-scuttled-at-the-last-minute
- Green Bay Packers
- After trading Adams to the Raiders, Rodgers needs a new WR1.
- New England Patriots
- This would be a return for Cooks to New England, but the Patriots recently traded for DeVante Parker. Remember the last Miami to New England receiver trade? – Pro Football Techs