- By Mike Wilson
NFL draft season is nearly upon us. Here are the top 10 quarterbacks in this year’s draft class, per Mike Wilson. This list is pre-combine and pre-pro days.
2023 NFL Draft: Top 10 Quarterbacks
1. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State (6’3″ 215 pounds)
Stroud possesses a very accurate arm and is able to throw accurately to all levels of the field. Stroud isn’t an extremely fast runner, but his athleticism is excellent and will allow him to get out of tough situations in the pocket.
2. Bryce Young, Alabama (5’11” 194 pounds)
The biggest knock on Bryce Young will be his height, but he is a very impressive QB and has the ability to run like a RB.
3. Anthony Richardson, Florida (6’4″ 236 pounds)
You will hear Richardson compared to Malik Willis this draft season as a project QB. Richardson is the most gifted athlete at the QB position this year. I don’t consider Richardson to be as much as a project as Willis is.
4. Will Levis, Kentucky (6’3″ 232 pounds)
Levis is a big QB with a rocket arm and excellent scrambling skill. The biggest knock will be his decision making skills which seem to be questionable at times.
5. Tanner McKee, Stanford (6’6″ 230 pounds)
McKee is another big QB with a very strong arm. He is currently projected to go late 1st or early 2nd.
6. Hendon Hooker, Tennessee (6’4″ 218 pounds)
Hooker was having an excellent season before tearing his ACL. If it wasn’t for that, he would be a top 4 QB in this Draft.
7. Aidan O’Connell, Purdue (6’3″ 210 pounds)
O’Connell has a good arm but he can be highly inaccurate at times. He is also known to throw into coverage a lot, which could scare some teams away.
8. Jake Haener, Fresno State (6’1″ 195 pounds)
Haener is known as an accurate passer who completed 72% of his passes in 2022. This followed a 68% completion rate in 2021.
9. Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA (6’1″ 205 pounds)
Thompson-Robinson is also considered to be an accurate passer. He completed 70% of his passes in 2022.
10. Malik Cunningham, Louisville (6’1″ 190 pounds)
Cunningham is known more for his running ability then passing, but he will be an intriguing option at QB in this years Draft.